This daylong workshop will feature a combination of lectures and deep dive demos on N1QL with much of the material derived from actual production lessons learned over the course of the last two years.
The N1QL query language supports the JSON data model with the familiar select-join-project operations of traditional SQL as well as array and object operations required for JSON. This workshop takes developers and architects under the hood of Couchbase Server to learn how to develop and deploy high-performance and scalable applications with N1QL.
The Couchbase Analytics Service differs from traditional data warehousing. It enables the ability to immediately analyze data being added, updated, and even schema modified in real time. There is no need for data warehouse schema design, ETL workflow development, or ETL batch job to modify when new fields appear – the data just flows and continues to flow. Analytics brings NoETL to NoSQL.
We will cover:
• Introduction to N1QL – motivation for SQL for JSON; N1QL language definition
• What’s new in Server 5.5
• Architecture matters – N1QL execution and deployment
• Relational to NoSQL – how to migrate an existing query to Couchbase
• Indexing options and best practices
• Query tuning – understanding the plan and how to optimize it
• Working with arrays and objects
• Deploying and scaling in production
• Query monitoring, profiling, and troubleshooting
• N1QL Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
• Operational characteristics of Query and Analytics Service
• Setting up the Analytics Service
• Ingesting data into Analytics in real time
• Running complex Analytics queries
• Scaling a complex query with the MPP architecture
Attendees should have basic knowledge of SQL.
Requirements: Please bring your laptop. If possible, set up the latest version of Couchbase Server Enterprise Edition in advance.